(IN ADDITION TO GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS)
Beef, Sheep, Swine and Goats Closed to Open Class
LIVESTOCK OPEN CLASS ENTRY TIME: WEDNESDAY OF FAIR WEEK
2 PM TO 8 PM
- ALL OPEN CLASS LIVESTOCK MUST BE PRE-ENTERED BY THE MONDAY IF THE WEEK PRIOR TO FAIR WEEK.
- All live open class animals must be on the grounds Wednesday of FAIR WEEK between 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM
- Competition in livestock divisions limited to bona fide residents of Nez Perce County and/or 4-H and FFA members belonging to Nez Perce County Clubs and Charters
- All animals entered at the fairground must be disease free. All cows over one year of age must have a legible brucellosis tattoo or ear tag. Heifer calves 4-12 months of age must be vaccinated for brucellosis.
- All livestock exhibitors will show stock for the official judging when requested to do so by the Superintendent. ALL sheep and goats, regardless, must be Scrapies identified prior to arrival.
- The Fair Management will furnish bedding for livestock, but the exhibitor must supply feed. Exhibitors are to provide their own feeding equipment.
- Any animal that cannot be handled safely or is a danger to the public will not be allowed to show and will be removed from fairgrounds.
- Any exhibitor using tranquilizers or any other unethical behavior shall forfeit all premium money, ribbons, awards and animal shall be removed from the show.
- Animals not properly cared for will be removed and premium money withheld.
- Care of all livestock animals will be consistent with production practices and accepted standards. Exhibitors must observe withdrawal periods and be aware of penalties associated with off-label use of all drugs.